Big Bear's Australian Beeswax Wraps are a reusable and waste free alternative to using disposable cling wrap. The wraps are infused with a special blend of locally sourced organic Surf Coast beeswax, jojoba oil, coconut oil and tree resin to create a flexible, slightly sticky and naturally antibacterial wrap for storing and packing food.
They are ideal for storing all types of fruit, veggies, snacks or lunches and for covering salad bowls, fermented food or platters.
This set comes with 1x small, 1x medium & 1x large beeswax wrap.
Dimensions: Small - 20 x 20cm, Medium - 25 x 25cm, Large - 30 x 30cm
These naturally antibacterial wraps can last up to a year depending on care and use. Taking good care of your wraps will extend their longevity. With daily use stains & creases may appear, but do not affect the function of the wrap. Avoid prolonged exposure to oily or greasy foods to minimise staining. These wraps have a light honey scent from the organic beeswax coating and are perfect for leftovers, lunches and outdoor eating to keep food fresh.
- With due care your wraps should last longer than 1 year. Taking good care of your wraps will extend their longevity.
- To clean, handwash/rinse in cool water with a natural detergent - avoid alcohol, check your detergent for this ingredient
- To remove dried on food don’t pick it off, but leave the wrap to soak for a few minutes in cool water until the food is soft enough to wash away. Lay on dish rack to dry.
- To store, fold or roll wraps and keep in a dry, cool place
- Avoid all heat sources including dishwasher, microwave, hot surfaces & steam
Beeswax never goes bad itself, but overtime with use, the protective wax coating on your wrap will be worn away. When your Big Bear’s Beeswax Wrap has reached the end of its life, you can compost it in your backyard – unlike plastic it will return to the earth without a trace.
Enjoy! Big Bear and Little Birdie